Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Depression Story



It's okay not to be okay. I want you to know that. That you're not alone in all of this. Those feelings that you're feeling are valid, you are not wrong in your emotions. But you need to know that this is not a way of life, everyday should not be a bad one and every morning should not be a struggle. If you're feeling unexplainable
sadness or having thoughts of harming yourself or others, TALK TO SOMEBODY. I cannot stress that enough. Cutting yourself will not fix your problems. Purging your dinner will not make today better. Those toxic coping mechanisms are causing bigger problems in themselves. I promise you that they will not make any of this go away. Reach out to your parents, friends, people you trust, scream on the top of rooftops until they hear you and listen that you NEED HELP. There is nothing weak or shameful about admitting that you can't do this on your own.

I love you.
I care about you.
You matter to ME.
If you ever hurt yourself it would hurt me.
My love is unconditional & I'm not going anywhere.
We're going to get through this together. 

Little things that have been making me feel better:

SLEEP- this is SO underrated, just by getting 8+ hours of sleep a day I feel like my mind is working so much sharper and more rational
Massages- Expensive, yes. Worth it? YES! They ease tension and have been proven to lighten the symptoms of depression. ( I'm told that acupuncture works wonders, but I'm a little freaked out by that one, but let me know if you recommend it!)
Talking- This sounds stupid I know. But just talking to someone about what you're feeling. A therapist, your parents, your friends, ANYONE- this time around I'm so glad I told my friends and family what I was feeling because now we can talk about it with no shame or embarrassment on my end.

What I'm Wearing:
Top- My dads....stole it when I went back home, kinda like a security blanket, and I'm embarrassed to say I've worn it every day this week

No comments:

Post a Comment